Supercharge Your Management Skills
Experienced manager? Cool!
Pick and choose from our collection of topics — from delegation to productivity hacks, you're likely to find something that's helpful.
Broader, more philosophical takes on what management is for, why it gets a bad rep, and how to think about it.
- The Manager's Job Revisited
- Book Summary: Radical Candor
- The Costs of Firing Too Slowly
- Management, Kitchen Confidential Style
Tips on succeeding as a middle manager — when you're sandwiched between a boss and a team.
- The Hard Thing About Disagree and Commit
- Being the Shit Shield For Your Team: How Much To Tell Your Subordinates
- Understanding Your Boss's True Motivations
Delegation, the most foundational of management skills.
- Getting Process Change to Stick
- When Delegating, Explain Why
- Is Micro-Managing Necessary For Certain Kinds of People?
- What To Do When You Don't Trust Your Teammates To Do Your Work For You?
Managerial productivity hacks, techniques, and frameworks.
- Copy Your Boss's Information Sources
- The Manager Ugh Field
- How Many People Can One Person Effectively Manage?
- Prioritisation: The One Management Hack That Will Help You Keep Your Sanity
Tricks and techniques for conducting effective, consistent One-on-One meetings.
Techniques for onboarding and training subordinates effectively.
Episodes from the MFS podcast. Once every fortnight. Never longer than 15 minutes.
- #30 Mission is Overrated?
- #29 An Overview of Keep Your People
- #28 Executive Intent: Let Them Read Your Mind
- #27 People Judgment: Beware the Simple Narrative