Supercharge Your Management Skills
Experienced manager? Cool!
Pick and choose from our collection of topics — from delegation to productivity hacks, you're likely to find something that's helpful.
Broader, more philosophical takes on what management is for, why it gets a bad rep, and how to think about it.
- Don't Be The Manager That Constantly Changes Directions
- The Manager's Job Revisited
- Book Summary: Radical Candor
- The Costs of Firing Too Slowly
Tips on succeeding as a middle manager — when you're sandwiched between a boss and a team.
- The Hard Thing About Disagree and Commit
- Being the Shit Shield For Your Team: How Much To Tell Your Subordinates
- Understanding Your Boss's True Motivations
Delegation, the most foundational of management skills.
- Getting Process Change to Stick
- When Delegating, Explain Why
- Is Micro-Managing Necessary For Certain Kinds of People?
- What To Do When You Don't Trust Your Teammates To Do Your Work For You?
Managerial productivity hacks, techniques, and frameworks.
- Managing From Home
- Copy Your Boss's Information Sources
- The Manager Ugh Field
- How Many People Can One Person Effectively Manage?
Tricks and techniques for conducting effective, consistent One-on-One meetings.
Techniques for onboarding and training subordinates effectively.
Episodes from the MFS podcast. Once every fortnight. Never longer than 15 minutes.
- #35 Find Failures Early
- #34 The Two Things You Need To Be A Good Manager
- #33 Taking Care of Yourself Before Taking Care of Others
- #32 Managing From Home