I'm happy to announce that Keep Your People — The Startup Manager's Guide to Retention is available for purchase right now!
I started writing KYP roughly a year ago, when I realised that I had developed a framework for predicting departures in my team, that other managers found useful. So I started thinking that it might be cool to put this into a book, for others to read and use.
You may buy it here at
$25 $22.50 for an individual license, or $55 $49.50 for a corporate license! These prices are 10% off for 7 days, because launch.
FAQ: what's the difference? Well, the individual license is if you're buying it for yourself, and the corporate license is if you're in a startup and you want to buy the book for all the managers in your company. Apart from that there are no differences; both versions have the exact same ebook formats and are DRM free (I trust you, and anyway DRM sucks).
So what's in the book? Here's the full list of chapters:
- An Introduction
- Reason One: Personal Growth Matters
- Reason Two: Autonomy is Non-Negotiable
- Reason Three: How Work Fits Into Their Lives
- Reason Four: Compensation: How Does Money Affect Retention?
- Reason Five: Does Having a Mission Matter?
- Reason Six: The Relationship With Their Peers and With Their Boss
- A Conclusion
- Appendix 1: One-on-Ones, The Secret Tool for Retention
- Appendix 2: Sample Career Ladder for Software Engineers
Want to try before you buy? You may download an excerpt here.
Now go forth and never fear a teammate leaving, ever again!